Job posting has expired
Assistant Teaching Professor Bass (Jazz/Classical)
| Bowling Green State University
|Full Benefit Package Available
United States, Ohio, Bowling Green
1001 E. Wooster Street (Show on map)
|December 05, 2023
Assistant Teaching Professor of Bass, Jazz and Classical (qualified rank faculty). Nine-month appointment in the Department of Music Performance Studies, beginning August 2024.
Responsibilities will include teaching undergraduate and graduate applied jazz and classical bass, coaching ensembles and classroom instruction primarily in the Jazz Studies program, active undergraduate and graduate recruiting, advising, contributing to the artistic and intellectual life of the College and University, and maintaining a current profile in bass performance and pedagogy through state, regional and national activities. Other duties may be assigned by the Chair or Dean depending upon the needs of the Department of Music Performance Studies and the College of Musical Arts.
1. Earned Doctorate (DMA/DM/PhD) preferred or Master’s degree (MM) with three years professional performing and/or teaching experience.
2. Teaching experience at the collegiate level preferred.
3. Significant national/international performing experience in jazz and classical bass
Applications accepted online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/bgsu
Application Materials Required
1. Cover letter indicating interest in and qualifications for the position
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Three to five references including names and complete contact information
4. List of online or YouTube links to audio/video recordings of recent performances (within the last five years).
Unofficial transcripts of highest degree earned are required for candidates invited for in-person interviews.
BGSU policy requires finalist to authorize and pass a background check prior to receiving an offer of employment.
Deadline to apply is January 5, 2024
Salary & Benefits
Competitive and commensurate with candidate’s experience and credentials. Full benefits package available.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421 or email email@example.com.