The Department of Animal and Food Sciences in the Davis College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources at Texas Tech University invites applications for a full-time, 9-month tenure-track Assistant Professor in Meat Science position to begin 2024. The distribution of effort will be 50% research and 50% teaching. Research programming is expected to align with current strategic initiatives in the sustainability of meat and livestock production systems. Teaching expectation includes a minimum of 12 credit hours of instruction over the fall and spring semesters, including baccalaureate-level principles of meat science course (ANSC 3403) required of all majors in the department, and a new senior-level baccalaureate course in meat production. In addition to teaching and research efforts, participation in service activities with professional organizations, the department, college, and university is expected. Opportunities exist for collaborative outreach and engagement.
In line with TTU’s strategic priorities to engage and empower a diverse student body, enable innovative research and creative activities, and transform lives and communities through outreach and engaged scholarship, applicants should have experience working with diverse student populations at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels within individual or across the areas of teaching, research/creative activity, and service.
- Ph.D. in Animal Science, Food Science, or related discipline with an emphasis in meat science and/or muscle biology
- Evidence of effective teaching of meat science and/or muscle biology courses, including delivery, learning outcome-driven curriculum development, assessment of learning outcomes, and teaching evaluation (student, peer, and/or self-reflection).
- Evidence of research activity demonstrating the integration (from production to final consumption) of livestock and meat production systems with attention to meat quality and safety, as evidenced by:
- peer-reviewed, referred publications, and
- proposal development and/or federal and industry grant funding.
- A record of service to professional organizations, commodity groups, scientific journals, and/or academia.