Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides competent clinical nursing care consistent with professional standards. Reporting and accountable to the Nurse Manager/Director, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process in a hospital setting.
- Administers patient care under the direction of a physician. Identifies and pursues expected patient outcomes in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team.
- Provides competent clinical nursing care consistent with healthcare organization and nursing standards, policies and procedures.
- Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs. Consults with appropriate resources in a timely fashion regarding patients with complex care issues, unusual teaching needs and/or those at high risk for discharge planning.
- Collaborates with peers in a clinical operations environment, including fostering intra/interdepartmental communication.
- Synthesizes data from complex situations to determine priorities for care, including appropriate physical, psychosocial, education and safety needs. Assesses and anticipates discharge needs of individual patients and families.
- Communicates with patient/family to prepare or update the plan of care using cultural competency and active listening. Develops relationships with patients and their families that promote their ability to advocate for patient and family needs.
- Develops clinical and operational excellence in self and in peers through education and training.
- Promotes a safe, clean and secure hospital environment for all, including the application of standard precautions and principles of infection control.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Orthopaedics
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable