Join our team as a day shift, PRN, (as needed) Satellite Oncology Customer Service Coordinator (CSC) in Albuquerque, NM.
Fulfilling your purpose begins here:
People First, Always. Here's how we take care of our people:
- Competitive salaries, support teams and growth opportunities.
Your team is bigger than your department:
- Lovelace Medical Center is an acute care hospital with 263 licensed beds, providing comprehensive care, including around-the-clock emergency care, surgical services, non-invasive robotic spine surgery, stroke care, radiology and oncology services.
- We believe healthcare is a team sport and every player has something to contribute. We show compassion, celebrate differences and treat one another with respect.
Provides direct customer service and front desk assistance for assigned department to include but not limited to admitting, registering, scheduling and verifying insurance.
Handles customer account transactions, provides customer assistance and performs and/or oversees cashiering operations. Accurate documentation of posted payment or payment arrangements.
Reconciles daily cash drawer in accordance to cash balance policy and procedure. Accurate completion of mini cash report to include minimal posting errors.
Completes assigned work queues to ensure timely completion of accounts for billing.
Adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure patient safety and regulations. Must attend mandatory meetings and provide constructive recommendations for areas of improvement.
Takes ownership of assignments and other duties as assigned or requested.
Communicates and listens effectively with internal and external customers; effectively understands instructions and shares knowledge.
Cooperates and interacts with superiors, peers, other departments, and all customer groups demonstrating our commitment to service to include LHS behavioral standards.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One (1) year of previously related experience
- Medical Terminology
Preferred Job Requirements
- Associate's Degree in related field of study
- Previous medical office experience
- Heart Saver
- Ability to type and enter data efficiently and accurately
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Knowledge of insurance plans
- Skilled in a variety of software applications