ENGIE North America is seeking an experienced Engineer Advisor located in Southern California. We offer a hybrid schedule, and several offices in the Greater Los Angeles Metro area. The Engineer Advisor works alongside a Project Manager to create the design of Energy Conservation and Renewable Energy Measures through the development of opportunities in the feasibility and detailed analysis stages for public sector clients.
What you'll do:
- This person completes the mechanical and/or electrical portion of the comprehensive analysis during project development, providing technical assistance/support to the Project Manager throughout the development and construction period
- The Engineer Advisor will interact with his or her supervisor and other Operations team members regularly to develop and implement projects
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform ASHRAE level I and level II audits for lighting, mechanical, energy management and water systems to identify savings opportunities
- Perform renewable energy site surveys evaluating various types of Solar photovoltaic/thermal, Battery energy storage and microgrid designs
- Understand metering/interconnection methods
- Analyze utility data to verify existing customer loads, consider rate change options and calculate energy savings
- Review architectural, mechanical, or electrical plans and specifications to evaluate energy efficiency or determine economic, service, or engineering feasibility
- Evaluate plans or specifications to determine technological or environmental implications
- Ability to analyze and interpret trend data from the EMS systems
- Prepare/assist project reports and other program or technical documentation
- Strong knowledge of the IPVMP options and the ability to develop M&V plans based on the customers needs and ENGIE requirements
- Perform analysis including comparison of technologies, savings calculations, scopes of work and contractor bid costs for various energy conservation and renewable measures using tools such as eQuest, Energy Pro and Excel spreadsheets, including bin simulations
- Responsible for analyzing the utility bills and historical energy usage/trends, and selecting the appropriate baselines
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing the internal Risk Review Package
- Assist in preparation of all development bid documents and final construction documents
- Assist in the preparation of cost budgets for Energy Conservation Measures during development stage
- Assist in obtaining contractor quotes for all mentioned scopes of work, and evaluate the costs
- Assist the Project and Construction Managers on job walks, bid evaluations, contractor negotiations and construction meetings
- Assist during the construction phase of the project by reviewing submittals, change orders, and RFI's, and make recommendations to the Project Manager
- Understand, prepare and submit utility interconnection applications
- Understand, prepare and submit utility rebate/incentive applications
- Manage time between multiple projects to meet deadlines
- May perform other duties as assigned
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- PE License (preferred)
- Seven or more years similar work experience
- Strong knowledge of identifying and analyzing Solar photovoltaic, Battery Energy Storage and Microgrid renewable measures
- Prior experience working for an energy services type of company
- Strong knowledge of California Utility rate schedules (electric, gas, water)
- Proficient at conducting surveys, preparing/analyzing savings and cost estimates of mechanical, controls, electrical/lighting and water systems
- Proficient at computer modeling/simulation of building operation and utility profiles (eQuest, Energy Tool Base, Trane Trace, PVSyst, or similar)
- Strong knowledge of preparing EMS, HVAC, and/or lighting/electrical design specifications
- Proficient at modeling basic HVAC systems as well as complex HVAC systems, including central plants, co-generation, heat recovery
- Proficient at performing load take-offs from drawings
- Competent at determining the appropriate technologies for various measures in different situations
- Prior experience working in both project development and construction
- Ability to travel by car 30% - 40% of the time - Southern California territory only (San Diego to Fresno) with the need for some overnight trips
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver's license / clear driving record
- Must be willing and able to comply with ENGIE's policy with respect to COVID vaccination and testing
- ENGIE follows all local, State and Federal policies to meet COVID-19 safety requirements
- Must be willing and able to comply with all ENGIE ethics and safety policies
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Outdoor work may expose the employee to weather conditions
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use a company computer, calculator, etc.
- Ability to climb ladders as needed to survey equipment
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Could involve some lifting / up to 35 lbs.
- Normal Office Environment and Field Environment, may be exposed to different weather elements
- ENGIE currently maintains four office locations in Southern California. Successful candidate would have the option to work from any of these locations
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient, and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
- Salary Range: $92,395.00 - $236,600.00USDannually
- Actual salary offered may vary depending on geography, experience, education, internal pay alignment, or other bona fide factors
- In addition to salary, this position is eligible for a competitive bonus / incentive plan
- At ENGIE we understand that benefits matter, we offer competitive benefit options including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, employer paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, parental leave, and a 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan option with a company match
- More information can be found here:
ENGIE complies with all federal, state, and local minimum wage laws.
Your talent acquisition partner can share more specific information regarding the salary for the position based on the work location.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at . This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.