Performs complex budget analysis, fiscal research and related budgeting tasks for academic, administrative, and/or enterprise functional areas. Functions as a team lead on major budget projects and provides guidance and instruction to other Budget Analysts. Reviews and monitors complex budgets for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures, standards and regulatory requirements. Leads training and presentations for principals and other management staff on budget matters.
- Reviews and analyzes complex budgets and makes appropriate recommendations regarding budget requests and allocations.
- Supervises and coordinates projects and project teams of Budget Analysts. Provides training, guidance and instruction as needed.
- Recommends and interprets the application of budgetary policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Coordinates and assists City Schools personnel with management plans for specific budget and expenditure allocations.
- Prepares complex budgets and budget narratives. Monitors budgeted revenue/expenditures to actual revenue/expenditures and prepares budget amendments as required.
- Plans and performs a variety of budget/expenditure projections and fiscal simulations, analyses and calculations. Conducts special studies and analyses.
- Analyzes financial and budgetary statements; identifies trends and concerns with recommended solutions.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive statistical data and prepares periodic budgetary reports and statements.
- Functions as a budget management resource/advisor for City Schools departments.
- Prepares and delivers detailed written and oral budget reports and presentations, including graphics as appropriate. Prepares charts, graphs and diagrams to illustrate the budget, expenditure and revenue status.
- Monitors compliance with legislation and other legal requirements throughout the budget cycle.
- Performs cost analyses of salary proposals for the collective bargaining process.
- Assists in the administration and maintenance of informational databases.
- Trains new administrators and/or appropriate finance department staff in budgeting procedures and policies.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board's policies and the professional standards.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Five years of experience in budgeting or related financial analysis to include at least one year in a lead or supervisory capacity. Specific experience using Oracle Financials preferred.
- CPA desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of budget management and analysis and fiscal research.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Effective organization and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated skill in reconciling accounts and preparing clear, concise and comprehensive reports and recommendations.
- Ability to establish and develop outcome measures for use in benchmarking or determining the effectiveness and efficiency of academic and operational programs.
- Ability to effectively explain and present budgeting principles and concepts to non-financial managers.
- Ability to provide guidance, training, and oversight to assigned Budget Analysts.
- Ability to use statistical concepts and methods and to mathematically analyze expenditure patterns, forecast revenues, cost out various types of proposals, and analyzes reports for potential problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City Schools' personnel and external agencies.
- Ability to manage budget data analyses and reporting using specialized computer applications for financial management such as Oracle.
- Proficient in the use of technical computer applications, including Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
Full time or Part time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).
This position is not affiliated with any bargaining unit.
Thisposition is affiliated with the City Retirement Plan.