|Full or Part Time
|Part-Time 0-19 Hours Weekly
|Fair Labor Standard Act Classification
|Anticipated Pay Range
|$15.50 - $16.00
|Pay Range Information
Chapman University is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this position. This range takes into account a variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. Salary offers are determined based on the final candidate's qualifications and experience, as well as internal equity and other internal factors. The anticipated pay range is not a promise of a particular wage.
Position Summary Information
|Job Description Summary
- The Head Usher position is a non-exempt, part-time staff position which reports to the Front of House Manager and/or Director of Patron Services.
- This is a part-time position working up to 19 hours per week. Evening and weekend availability required depending on event schedule. This is a continuous recruitment.
- Reporting to the Front of House Manager and/or Director of Patron Services based on show assignments, the Musco Center Head Usher is responsible for providing excellent customer service to theater patrons, visiting artists and supporting staff.
- Head Ushers are assigned a seating level (Orchestra, Mezzanine or Balcony) and supervise ushers for the duration of the performance.
- A Head Usher is in communication with Musco staff to ensure the performance starts on time and assist ushers with unusual situations such as crowd control, accidents, emergencies, etc. Responsibilities include pre-/post-show and intermission checks of lobby areas and restrooms, greet guests, access control, assist patrons, secure reception perimeters, crowd control, and assist with securing the building at the end of performance.
- This position requires excellent customer service skills such as greeting patrons with a prompt and courteous attitude, flexibility to adjust as situations occur and exhibiting professionalism at all times. This position may carry out other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and keep a calm a professional demeanor.
- Ability to take initiate and troubleshoot issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and active listening skills.
- Interpersonal skills to work with a diverse group of individuals within and outside of the university.
- Technical skills to learn and use enterprise systems and departmental tools.
- Ability to learn and interpret Chapman University and Musco Center policies and procedures.
- Two or more years of professional work experience providing customer service / public environment.
|Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants for Staff and Administrator positions must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Chapman University does not sponsor applicants for Staff and Administrator positions for work visas.
The offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion and outcomes of a criminal background screening, and upon you accepting and returning a signed original Agreement to Arbitrate.
|Minimum Number of References
|Maximum Number of References