Parks & Community Services - NKCC Supervisor
This position implements and teaches group fitness classes at the North Kirkland Community Center. The position works under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor and will not exceed 17 hours per week.
Includes but is not limited to such essential functions as listed below:
- Prepare for and instruct fitness classes in a group setting allowing for different levels of fitness among students.
- Observe participants in a group setting where fitness and abilities vary informing them of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement and proper form. Instruct participants in maintaining exertion levels to maximize benefits from effective and safe exercise routines.
- Participate in discussions and development of department fitness programs.
- Establish and maintain an environment of teamwork.
- Promote personal goal attainment for participants.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Certification as a fitness instructor or certified personal trainer or ability to obtain within three months
- Valid First Aid card
- Valid CPR card are required qualifications.
- Must successfully pass a WSP background check
- May be required to work early mornings, evenings, or weekends.
The City of Kirkland is a welcoming community where every person can thrive and grow. We value diversity, inclusion, belonging, and work together to support our community. We do this by solving problems, focusing on the customer, and respecting all people who come into the City whether to visit, live, or work. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to creating a workforce that does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, color, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds and identities to apply to our job postings. Persons with a disability who need reasonable accommodations in the application or testing process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call 425-587-3210 or Telecommunications Device for the Deaf 425-587-3111.
Applicants who are invited to participate in the test and/or interview process will be notified by phone or email. Candidates who are selected to interview will be required to complete a criminal background check. Job is opened until filled but candidates are encouraged to submit applications ASAP.