7960 W. Grand River Road,Brighton,Michigan,48114,United States of America
The Role You'd Play as a Director of Operations for a Region based in Metro-Detroit, MI.
DaVita Kidney Care is seeking an ambitious, operationally-focused and results-driven Leader. This position will be based in Metro-Detroit, MI. As the Regional Operations Director, you are responsible for a portfolio of 12 outpatient dialysis clinics, 250 teammates with 12 direct reports (clinic managers) and a P&L of $50M. You will report to a Division Vice President and collaborate with other region and division leaders including a finance manager, people service manager, medical directors to drive your business forward.
Required qualifications to be a successful Director of Operations:
- 5+ years' experience as a supervisor/leader in operations with at least 2+ years of multisite experience. Healthcare industry background a plus.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's Degree strongly preferred
- Strong leadership acumen; successful team management and development
- Prior P&L management experience. Demonstrated track record of successful fiscal and operating leadership; demonstrated financial expertise
- Experience working in a matrix organization with the ability to manage multiple priorities across various stakeholders and departments
- Demonstrated strong analytical, quantitative and logical thinking skills. Advance computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel required; intermediate skills and proficiency in MS Work, Outlook and PowerPointrequired. Availability for regional and some national travel; up to 40%
- DaVita requires teammates to comply with Federal and State requirements related to vaccination against Covid-19. The includes being up to date with vaccinations or having a qualified exemption. For our teammates who work to support in - patient treatments in hospitals or healthcare systems, there may be additional booster requirements prior to providing patient care services.
Some details about this position:
- Complete accountability for your P&L $50M. Manage financial and revenue growth, labor management, contract management and capital expenses.
- Drive operational, financial, team and clinical performance of your business through KPIs/metrics.
- Work directly with clinic managers (FAs) in clinics to identify and address employee and patient concerns to drive towards Regional goals and standards
- Address top growth priorities, provide due diligence and lead successful operational conversions on acquisitionsand strategic growth.
- Develop and implement strategic planning initiatives that maximize the region's clinical care and growth potential
- Interface with business leaders from a broad range of functional teams, including Finance, People Services, Strategy, Quality, and others in support of strategy and operational execution.
- Thrive in a company that will challenge you to "Get Stuff Done" andreward you with incentives the right way - top performers earn more.
What We'll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off,
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave, pet insurance and more
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita's online training platform StarLearning.
What you can expect:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average. DaVita has more 3-, 4-, and 5-star rated centers than ever before, continuing to lead the industry in Five-Star Quality Ratings! *According to October 2020 data for the 2019 year from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' (CMS) Five-Star Quality Rating System.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential. DaVita has been recognized among Training Magazine's Top 125 for its exceptional training and leadership development programs for the 14th year in a row!
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at