CATALYZE MS4G, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Advisor
Project Overview and Role:
LLC is implementing the $250 Million, 8-year USAID CATALYZE contract which
offers a facilitated partnership model that will craft solutions to crowd in $2
Billion in blended finance (i.e., blended concessional and commercial finance)
to USAID partner countries; it can work in any development sector or region.
Launched in October 2019, CATALYZE is a buy-in mechanism that allows USAID
Bureaus and Missions to efficiently deploy investment facilitation solutions
that respond to the needs of specific sectors, issues, and geographies.
USAID CATALYZE Ethiopia -
Market Systems for Growth (MS4G): MS4G is designed to benefit the Ethiopian
people, build community resilience, and strengthen rural-urban linkages in the
areas of agriculture, food security, and Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH).
MS4G invests in developing relationships with private sector players,
co-investing in inclusive business models, advisory services, digital
solutions, and market-based initiatives that increase the resilience and
sustainability of Ethiopian enterprises and employment for women and youth. The
project supports activities in Addis Ababa and secondary cities.
To strengthen the private
sector in the food security and WASH sectors, MS4G uses a market-based approach
to deliver business development and financial advisory services to Small and
Medium Enterprises (SMEs). The project leverages Business Advisory Service
Providers (BASPs) and Pay-for-Results (P4R) awards and co-creates and co-funds
partnerships to enhance enterprises' performance, product/service delivery, and
inclusion. The activities are designed to build institutional capacity, enhance
knowledge and skill transfers through workforce development initiatives,
advance the business enabling environment, accelerate digital transformations
and scale best practices to increase productivity and quality. As it enters its
third year, MS4G is placing an increased focus on WASH Finance, enhancing
livelihoods and enterprise to shocks such as the COVID-19 pandemic and
responding to the food security risks related to the supply disruptions and
increasing cost of agricultural production and fertilizer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Evaluation & Learning Advisor will help the
project team to refine the monitoring and evaluation plan and system consistent
with the project Performance Work Statement/ results framework, coordinate the
collection and validation of data, monitor completeness of data sets, and
monitor project performance against targets. S/he will contribute to efforts
for building the capacity of implementing partners and other stakeholders on
activities related to MEL, which may include tailoring data collection tools,
provide awareness on MEL requirements, and verify the collected data from the
- Specific responsibilities of Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Advisor include, but are not limited to:
- Work to refine and implement the project MEL activities, including developing and refining indicators; setting targets; monitoring project progress.
- Work to refine the project MEL system, tools, and strategies, including database(s); and providing monitoring data to inform the decisions on project performance and future direction to the project.
- Conduct timely project data collection, preparing quarterly, semi-annual, and annual project report.
- Ensuring that M&E activities are integrated into all MS4G program activities, and that data is collected and documented in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work closely with the MEL, technical team, and partners in planning annual targets for each project indicators, to develop a monitoring and evaluation framework for different activities and monitor progress and achievements towards annual performance of indicator targets
- Develop and adapt the monitoring tools/trackers according to the different project interventions,
- Validate data collection tools and questionnaires, data collection procedures, and MEL policies and procedures to guide partners, subcontractors, and grantees.
- Conduct, FTF reporting data entry in Development Information Solution (DIS) and project MIS - Smartsheet.
Plan and conduct CLA activities
- Conduct Project Data Quality Assessments and taking Geo-references of partners in coordination with other M&E team members.
- Ensures MEL principles are integrated into relevant activities and reporting data is collected accurately and timely for reporting;
- Identifies and promptly communicates data collection field insights, lessons learned, success stories, best practices and areas of improvement,
- Contribute to learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Conduct any other tasks as required.
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline (Economics, Project Management, statistics, or other related discipline);
- At least 7 years of demonstrated experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Excellent command of monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
- Previous experience implementing and managing a rigorous M&E system including developing and refining performance monitoring plans is required; experience in managing the DIS, and MIS is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of data collection protocols and data quality assessment to ensure accurate data collection and verification; ability to identify data trends and communicate this information for strategic decision-making in program implementation.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required.
- Excellent skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint; proficiency in MS SPSS is preferred;
- Experience with USAID programs/projects strongly preferred; and
-English language fluency required.
About Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion - Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as "the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm". We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.