Senior Roadway Engineer/Project Manager
Fishbeck is actively seeking a talented Senior Roadway Engineer/Project Manager for employment in our Indianapolis, Indiana office. This position requires self-motivation, commitment to high-quality work performance, excellent planning and communication skills, and the ability to work with other staff in a project team environment. This position will provide the ideal candidate an opportunity to lead and mentor Fishbeck staff, work on exciting projects and grow with Fishbeck in Indiana.
- Lead and oversee plan production efforts for transportation projects for INDOT and local agencies using MicroStation/Inroads.
- Interact with our clients; INDOT, local agencies, other consulting companies, and contractors.
- Develop project budgets/schedules.
- Develop technical letters of interest proposals and fee proposals.
- Demonstrate theoretical/practical civil engineering and specialized software knowledge.
- Work closely with other technical staff internally with Fishbeck and with peers in the industry to provide transportation design and consulting engineering services, primarily for INDOT and local municipalities.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Occasionally exposed to light lifting, sitting, and walking. Will perform duties in the field and will be required to access and maneuver around project sites and use a computer. Capable of traveling to and from projects is required. Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes. Visual acuity to perform responsibilities
Bachelor or Master of Science in Civil Engineering
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- PE license required.
- 10 + years of experience in related roadway engineering positions working on INDOT or Local Agency projects.
- Knowledge of MicroStation/InRoads software is required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil 3D software and other design modeling software is a plus.
- Experience with storm sewer drainage design, pavement markings, signing plans, erosion control, and maintenance of traffic plans is required.
- Knowledge of HEC-RAS, HY8, StormCAD, and other drainage software is a plus.
- Roundabout and RCUT design experience is a plus.
- Experience leading a design team or mentoring junior engineers is a plus.
- Excellent computer and communication skills are a must.
- Thorough understanding of Indiana Design Manual and INDOT Standard Specifications.
What we offer
Our staff members enjoy a comprehensive compensation package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Wellness reimbursement and activities.
- Reimbursement and support for tuition, continuing education, and professional/personal development.
- Vacation and sick time, volunteer PTO, parental leave, and paid holidays.
- 401(k), profit-sharing, and stock options (we're 100% employee-owned).
- And more!
Fishbeck is one of the premier professional consulting firms in the nation, with 14 regional offices and more than 550 employees. Engineering, environmental sciences, architecture, and construction management are the cornerstones of Fishbeck's services and integrated project approach. We are a hands-on and design-orientated practice with the technical capabilities and understanding to take the largest projects from internal concept to completion. Our team of experts takes pride in our commitment to reliability in design, connection to our clients, and creativity at our core.
Fishbeck is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.