Andrews Cooper specializes in innovative product design and automation solutions for a variety of industries and world-class Fortune 100 companies. We have a high regard for our clients, and we care about how we conduct business. We partner with our clients to exceed their expectations and build long-lasting relationships based on mutual respect, trust, and good will.
Our commitment to our clients starts at home, with a family of over 100 talented and highly skilled engineers and staff. We believe there is a better way to operate as a company, by supporting and developing our teams. Our company is passionate about what we do and how we achieve our goals:
• We are innovative and naturally curious individuals who love applying science to tough problems.
• We work as a team, from a foundation of mutual trust, humility, and integrity.
• We thrive on creating solutions, solving problems, and succeeding for our clients.
• We create a fun, safe, and collaborative environment for all to enjoy.
• We support our each other with understanding and compassion through life’s difficult moments.
• We believe in doing what’s right, even when it’s not always easy.
• We are committed to excellence and keep our promises to deliver superior solutions on time and within budget.
We seek like-minded people who want to grow with us and build their careers on these principles. If you have high aspirations and thrive on challenges, dynamic projects, and enduring relationships, please read on about our current employment opportunity. If you fit our qualifications and culture, please connect with us and let’s get started.
• B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited university. Other engineering degrees are also considered.
• 4+ years of experience designing complex automated systems as part of a multi-disciplined team
• Programming, using a wide variety of languages and platforms.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• High attention to detail
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to work closely with and maintain healthy relationships through fast paced, high-pressure project cycles with clients and team members.
• Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed (less than 20%)
• Must possess valid US Driver’s License
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
• Experience in several of the following environments:
• PLC – Rockwell, Siemens, Codesys (Beckhoff, Bosch)
• HMI – Rockwell, Siemens, Maple Systems, Wonderware, Inductive Automation Ignition
• Industrial Robotics – Fanuc, Epson, Denso, ABB
• PC – Lab VIEW, Python, VBA, VB, C (C, C++, C#), Java
• CAD – Auto CAD Electrical, Solidworks Electrical, EPLAN
• Familiarity with Virtual Machines, Linux, embedded systems
• Identify and integrate off-the-shelf components including controllers, pneumatics, fluidics, robots, vision systems, motion systems, sensors, part handling systems, safety systems, and conveyors.
• Write software and design hardware to support, control and/or integrate the above automated systems, specifically, PCs, PLCs, HMIs, Cameras, Motors, Drivers, Servos, Embedded Microcontrollers, and Safety Devices
• Produce designs for power circuits, control circuits, and safety circuits that are standards’ compliant (ISO13849, NEC, and NFPA79).
• Validate solutions through engineering analysis and calculations
• Participate in regular project meetings with clients and project team to review project status (design, schedule, budget, change notifications, and risks)
• Power up and troubleshoot automation systems during startup phases
• Maintain professional, healthy working relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
• Stay up-to-date on product improvements and newly available technologies for integration
• Mentor associate engineers, and staff engineers
• Ability to provide design directions and lead multiple engineers in projects
• Assist in proposal writing by providing design concepts, labor and material estimates, and scheduling.
• Promote company values of exceptional engineering, trusted relationships, and uncompromised integrity.
Andrews Cooper is honored to be named a Top Workplace in Oregon and SW Washington - click here to learn why you should join the Andrews Cooper team!
This is a full-time position with top-tier compensation, benefits, and work positives, including:
• Competitive wages with incentive compensation
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and life insurance
• 401k Retirement savings with an automatic 3% contribution
• Engineering challenges collaborating with a varied team of A-player engineers of many disciplines
• Growth potential with an established engineering company with nearly 20 years of design excellence
• Long-term relationships and enduring partnerships
• Supportive, fun, and collaborative environment
• Andrews Cooper is an equal opportunity employer