Job Title: Vehicle Component Installation Technician 1
Reports To: Emergency Vehicle Assembly Manager
Location: Mineral Wells, TX
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Utilize basic electrical and mechanical knowledge to support light emergency vehicle manufacturing. Remove and install various vehicle interior/exterior components including lights, trim, door handles, flooring, fixtures, cabinets and/or other components. Lead and educate component installers and others as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation of all ambulance interior/exterior components including lights, trim, door handles, flooring, fixtures, cabinets and/or other components.
- Adjust doors and components as needed.
- With assistance remove and install graphics.
- Research and develop information independently.
- Read and interpret vehicle wiring diagrams, instructions, and manuals.
- Ensure parts and components and electrical components are assembled per instructions for proper appearance and function.
- Repair defects and report repetitive quality issues.
- Keep all work areas, vehicles, and equipment "Neat, Clean and Organized" at all times.
- Function with a minimal or no supervision.
- Follow and/or set work priorities to meet production goals as scheduled.
- Assist in training installers at all skill levels.
- Meet safety and QA/QC standards for all tasks.
- Familiar with Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
- Follow spill response procedures and evacuation routes.
- Will be required to climb on vehicles and be required to wear fall protection.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ensure that hazardous materials are handled appropriately and placed into the proper containers.
- Ensure that recyclable material is handled appropriately and placed into the proper containers.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Attend training in Hazardous Materials Handling Operations with an annual refresher course.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Valid Class C drives license and inability driver larger emergency vehicles.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, understand instructions, and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
- Ability to read and use English and Metric measuring devices.
- Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it.
- Ability to read and interpret shop orders, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- Must be able to differentiate between color shades.
- Possess basic electrical and mechanical ability.
- Familiar with use of PC based computer including Outlook.
- Must be able to retain information taught regarding chemicals and related items and the proper usage of the same.
- Fundamental use of various pneumatic tools, shop equipment and power tools.
- Ability to use basic mathematics.
- Must have knowledge of OSHA, TCEQ and EPA standards as it relates to body and paint shop operations
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.
PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19 vaccination is NOT a condition of employment, or for consideration for employment with the GMR Family of Companies. However, upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your COVID-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing for individuals with a disability.