Must be US Citizen with active Secret Clearance
Do you want to perform work that is impactful to millions of Americans and has a broader global impact?
Are you service service-minded team player who works towards creating solutions for the greater good?
We Empower You to Serve!
SRE delivers Organizational Transformation Services to the federal Government through Strategy, People, Leadership Development, Coaching, Facilitation, and Organizational Change Management. We underpin this with Project Management, business process improvement, and the use of technology as an enabler.
Our mission is to serve our country, our communities, and our employees. Our vision is to make a positive impact on the world by leaving it better off when we leave than when we came. We are seeking professional consultants who share in our mission of service, our vision of leaving the world a better place, and are committed to our values of Integrity, Quality, and Performance.
After reviewing the position description, if you feel you are a fit for our organization and possess the required qualifications, we invite you to apply:
The Aviation SME will support the mission of the USAACE G5 and training brigades and Capability Development and Integration Directorate (CDID) by providing analysis, assessment, coordination, and support for functions related to Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership and Education, Personnel, and Facilities (DOTMLPF) to enhance analysis, assessment, coordination, integration, synchronization, interconnectivity, and program development between USAACE and the relevant Community of Practice (CoP).
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with USAACE Directorates, Brigade Commanders, ACMs, and Program Manager (PM) to assist in the synchronization and updating of the Aviation Enterprise Common Operating Picture
- Develop executive (2-4star level) briefings, speeches, and articles relating to Army Aviation operations, training, doctrine, and program management within the US Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC)
- Write and edit speeches, presentations, and other written materials for the Army executive, including remarks for official events, testimony before Congress, and articles for publication in military and civilian publications.
- Conduct research on a variety of topics related to the Army and its mission, including military strategy, operations, and policy.
- Be able to write clear, concise, and persuasive prose that is appropriate for a variety of audiences.
- Participate in meetings, briefings, reviews, and Individual Transitions Plans (ITP's)
- Prepare detailed reports, information papers, executive summaries, presentations, hand-out materials, results, conclusions, recommendations
- Effectively use processes, such as the Aviation Enterprise Synchronization Model, to interface with the USAACE Commanding General, senior leaders in HQDA, TRADOC, FORSCOM, AMCOM, Army Futures Command (AFC) CDID, USASOAC and TAPO
- Collaborates with senior leaders, agencies, and action officers throughout the Aviation Enterprise
- Ensure that all Warning Orders, Operations Orders, and Fragmentary Orders are issued to appropriate USAACE organizations
- Represent the G5 in working groups and In-Progress Reviews for coordination and synchronization of DOTMLPF analysis and integration
- Serve as an action officer on the USAACE G5 staff and assist the USAACE G5 in coordinating and synchronizing training efforts across USAACE and tenant organizations
- Coordinate and synchronize efforts across the Aviation Enterprise with Army Staff, AMCOM, PEO Aviation, US Army Special Operations Aviation Command (USASOAC), and Army Futures Command (AFC) CDID
- Coordinate with respective Program Executive Officers (PEO) on all relevant matters including fielding, training development, life-cycle support costs, the budget process through the Program Planning Budget Execution System (PPBES), Program Objective Memorandums (POM), and Un-Funded Requirements (UFR) to support training data collection, requirements development, and Army Aviation synchronization
- Establishing and maintaining a comprehensive Quality Control Program (QCP)
- Identifying and reporting all program management actions and the financial management status in a Monthly Status Report
- Bachelor's degree required
- MA/MS degree preferred
- Must possess and maintain an in-depth knowledge of all acquisition systems assigned to the Aviation portfolio
- Must be an expert at researching and developing communications products at the tone and level expected by the customer
- Must be an expert speech writer. Must have demonstrated experience ghostwriting speeches, articles, memos, and white papers for high-ranking Army officials
- Ability to adapt and respond to mission-critical requests with accuracy and quality
- Extensive knowledge of Aviation operations and employment and DOTMLPF assessments
- Strong professional, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated cross-functional team collaboration skills in a rapidly changing, high-intensity, mission-oriented work environment
- Knowledge of Aviation Transformation and the future of the Aviation Branch
- Must be an expert in MS Office applications including but not limited to: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Teams
- Ability to respond and complete short turn assignments within timeframes specified by the customer
- Must have Army and Aviation experience
- Must have served in a USAACE Primary Staff Position
- Must have served as a Commissioned Aviation Branch Officer in the Active Army with a Rotary Wing or Fixed Wing background
- Must have served as an Aviation Battalion Mid-Grade Officer or higher
- Must have experience developing executive (2-4 star level) briefings, speeches and articles relating to Army Aviation operations, training, doctrine, and program management
- Must understand combat tactics bother current and former
- Preferred - served on the Army or Joint Staff
- Requires a minimum of 10 years' aviation experience as a senior planner/military analyst