Ability to accurately and efficiently enter required information into the Magisterial District Judge Computer System from the time of case filing to case completion. Process required case papers in accordance with court rules and the Magisterial District Judge System Manual. Post payments through the computer, issue receipts, prepare and balance daily deposits. Communicate with the public. Efficiently perform duties required by daily, weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner. Perform miscellaneous office functions. Adhere to all procedures and standards of conduct.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receipt of Case
- Document dates of case filings. Enter appropriate information into computer system. Assign the case the computer generated docket number. Process paperwork and maintain manual files in accordance with the Magisterial District Judge System Manual.
- Maintaining Case Progression
- Process additional information or take required action as determined through tickler reports, at the direction of the Magisterial District Judge or as requested by interested parties through the completion of cases. Follow instructions for these steps contained in the Magisterial District Judge System Manual.
- Receipt of Payments
- Cash and checks are processed and posted through the computer to the appropriate case, costs maintained and case disposition completed. Receipts are issued and daily deposit is balanced, prepared and taken to the bank by an employee other than the preparer.
- Adjusting Entries
- Enter appropriate information into the computer to make adjustments for NSF checks, transfer payments to escrow or escrow to payments, void payments and successful appeals. Follow instructions contained in the Magisterial District Judge System Manual.
- Disbursement of Funds
- Create and issue by computer the funds collected for the State on a weekly basis and funds collected for Municipalities and County on a monthly basis. Escrow refunds and constable payments are created and issued when appropriate to status of cases.
- Reports and Reconciliations
- Generate monthly income reports as well as other reports required by the State, the Magisterial District Judge or District Court Administration. Check reports for accuracy and correct errors. Prepare and balance manual monthly audit.
- Miscellaneous Office Functions
- Maintain inventory and order supplies necessary for your job or for general office use. Prepare appropriate files for County Archives. Perform miscellaneous assignments that may be required by the District Court Administration.
- Communication with the Public
- Assist the public who appear personally in the court or make phone calls to the court with patience, courtesy and professionalism. Interact in the same manner with State and County Departments, Police Departments and other agencies.
- Adherence to Procedures and Standards of Conduct
- Comply with all mandated procedures and standards of conduct as prescribed by the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts. Comply with the County of Montgomery Employee Handbook. Comply with all practices required by the Magisterial District Judge and District Court Administration.
- Must be computer literate and experienced;
- Knowledge of accounting or bookkeeping;
- Must have good data entry skills (must take and pass data entry skills test);
- Excellent inter-personal, oral and written communication skills;
- Must be well organized and detail oriented;
- Must be able to work calmly and productively under pressure;
- Must have excellent telephone skills;
- Must project a professional demeanor at all times;
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.