Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.
Supports the Manager of the Parkland Value Analysis Program in the development and maintenance of collaborative relationships with Parkland medical and healthcare system staff to ensure cost effective procurement of supplies and results-orientated project outcomes. Assists in implementing benchmark findings, technology assessments and other cost improvement initiatives. Provides recommendations to identify specific financial goals and objectives and initiatives to realize Parkland strategic goals. Facilitates process improvement initiatives, concentrating on operationally focused applications.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in a healthcare related field or Business Administration.
- Must have six (6) years nursing/clinical experience.
- Some budgetary, supply chain management and financial analysis experience preferred.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
Registered Nurse Applicants:
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of
- Nursing; or valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to demonstrate both analytical/statistical and managerial skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with all levels of internal and external personnel.
- Must have strong team-building skills and experience working in a consensus environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of academic hospital and clinical staff, including but not limited to materials management, facility management, and supply chain management.
- Registered Nurse Applicants:
- Maintains standards of professional conduct and performs all assigned and unassigned duties in accordance with the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act.
- Applicants must pass Medication Examination prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Medication Examination on file.
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Identifies opportunities for cost savings related to improved product, service and process standardization and utilization. Applies knowledge and operational expertise in assisting in the selection, evaluation, monitoring, analysis, and implementation of cost- effective products, services, and processes within Parkland.
- Interacts with all Parkland staff to develop, coordinate and integrate cost management programs into department services. Collaborates with departments to monitor and report compliance of implemented changes in products, services, processes, and contracts.
- Utilizes benchmarking findings, technology assessments, and other initiatives/information to assist in the identification and implementation of product, service, and process related cost-savings measures. Provides recommendations on which programs may augment Parkland's strategic goals.
- Coordinate's product, service, and process evaluation process by initiating studies and evaluating all components for maximum cost effectiveness. Ensures that all product, service and process trials and evaluations are unbiased and conducted in a professional manner.
- Monitors and reports hospital wide value analysis related cost reductions to administration and department managers. Prepares quarterly reports and monitors trends in product, service, and process utilization/consumption with emphasis on those prone to abuse. Manages value analysis data for accurate outcome documentation. Works with management to remove identified savings from the hospital budget.
- Assists in coordinating Parkland's educational programs on the value analysis process. Coordinates with staff development on all educational programs relating to products, services, and processes.
- Participates on Parkland committees designated to analyze potential products, services, and processes.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.