2130 Stout St, Denver, CO 80205, USA
Tuesday, January 23, 2024
The mission of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is to work collaboratively toward the prevention of homelessness and the creation of lasting solutions for homeless and at-risk families, children, and individuals throughout Colorado. The Coalition advocates for and provides a continuum of housing and a variety of services to improve the health, well-being, and stability of those it serves.
$3,000 Sign-On Bonus (Prorated Based On Weekly Schedule)
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Medical Assistant (MA)/Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) to work within a multi-disciplinary health care team performing medical and mental health support. MA's work within the care team to provide patient care and perform administrative and laboratory duties in support of clinic and providers.
The main location of service is Stout Street Health Center, which is located at 2130 Stout Street, Denver, Colorado, 80205; however, direct care may include other CCH integrated care sites as needed. This position reports to the MA Supervisor.
NOTE: In order to ensure that our consumers receive the best possible care the candidate chosen to fill this position will be required to complete our internal credentialing and privileging process prior to a start date. The credentialing and privileging timeline is dependent on the selected candidate's submission of documents necessary for clearance. Please note that a start date will be scheduled once credentialing and privileging is complete.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Choice of HMO or PPO health insurance coverage options: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own HMO health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We're proud to offer same-and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage.
- Choice of dental insurance or discount plan.
- Vision insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for health care / dependent care / parking expenses.
- Free basic life and AD&D insurance coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program, a problem-solving resource available to you and your household members.
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings with 3-year vesting.
- Extensive paid time-off, including 9 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first year
The effective date for your benefits will be the first of the month following your date of hire.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides for the safe delivery of patient care, in routine and emergency situations, within the scope of education and training, such as taking vital signs, and performing patient assessments.
- Communicates significant clinic information to other healthcare professionals as necessary.
- Maintains a professional and confidential work environment.
- Collaborates with other members of the multi-disciplinary health care teams including but not limited to medical assistants, primary care medical providers, behavioral health providers, psychiatric providers, peer specialists, dental assistants and hygienists, pharmacists, patient navigators, case managers, client access representatives, inventory and lab coordinators, and nurse educator.
- Maintains EHR core competencies as evidenced by:
- Records all vital signs into NextGen which include BP, P, T, R, Height, Weight, smoking status and possibly finger stick for glucose level and peak flow if patient's chronic medical lists indicate that these are appropriate according to patient's diagnosis.
- Records all patient visits electronically into NextGen, ensuring that they include the PMH, PSH, FH, Social History, and allergies.
- Uses the Inbox to manage tasks.
- Uses the Telephone Template to help record communications regarding a patient.
- Submits appropriate submissions to billing.
- Ability to enter immunizations into NextGen.
- Ability to scan documents into appropriate section of patient chart in NextGen.
- Proficient at using the EPM (Electronic Practice Management) system as demonstrated by:
- Ability to register patients in EPM.
- Ability to check patients in for appointment using the EPM.
- Ability to make an appointment for a patient using the EPM.
- Ability to perform check-ins for all patients and work closely with the multi-disciplinary healthcare team to achieve efficient patient flow and effective use of clinic resources. Manages tasks and scanning as needed to have a complete and current chart.
- Obtains specimens and performs laboratory tests including urinalysis, urine HCG, hematocrits, glucoses, etc.
- Performs venipuncture and prepares blood and other specimens accurately for transport to the central lab, and processes labs as needed after-hours or at satellite site. Performs pulse oximetry, peak flow analysis, EKG, audioscope and other screening tests.
- Administers immunizations per clinic protocol including into the CIIS (Colorado Immunization Information System) database.
- Contacts clients in need of follow-up for missed appointments or other chronic, complex care management outreach as requested.
- Answers the patient assistance line live incoming calls & returns voicemails; handles all questions within MA-scope; transfers calls appropriately to other disciplines PRN.
- Schedules appointments, X-rays, special studies, etc. upon request.
- Sends and receives requests for disclosure of protected health information according to established procedures, ensuring compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Act and confidentiality laws.
- Performs health record maintenance, including archiving, destruction, scanning and indexing of health information into health records according to established policies and protocols.
- Maintains given access to external health databases such as CORHIO, DH Epic, SCL, PDMP, etc. in order to provide assistance and information with hospital follow-up information, suboxone prescription support, and other client care coordination with integrated health team members.
- Assists with other administrative and health operation tasks as needed, including copying, faxing, word processing, and data entry. Maintains clinic files that meet legal, auditing and grantor requirements as needed.
- Assists providers and nurses with examinations, procedures, and other processes related to direct patient care including chaperoning paps, preparing procedure trays, and other support as needed.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, including quality improvement, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Documents appropriately in SafetyZone for internal reporting of client or staff events.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, completion of required onboarding/orientation, annual competencies, assigned continuing education, and satisfactory attendance in disciplinary, inter-disciplinary, suite, quality improvement, and all-staff meetings.
- Participates in team-based or interdisciplinary quality improvement initiatives, at least yearly.
- Ability to work evenings or weekend shifts as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Employee will perform job according to applied laws. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, or Certified Nursing Assistant program preferred.
- Certification in basic life support (CPR).
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is committed to delivering services, making employment-related decisions, selecting volunteers, and selecting vendors without regard to age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, military status, or any other applicable status protected by law.
Min Hiring Rate
Max Hiring Rate
- 2130 Stout St, Denver, CO 80205, USA